You can find current LabPLUS employment opportunities listed on the Careers Centre for Te Whatu Ora | Te Toka Tumai Auckland website(external link).
Search using the keyword "labplus" or by job number.
You can find information on Medical Laboratory Science on the New Zealand Institute of Medical Laboratory Science website(external link).
Career/Education/School Visits to LabPLUS
LabPLUS invites those interested in a career in Medical Laboratory Science to attend one of the open days at the LabPLUS laboratory. [Open days are currently on hold]
LabPLUS provides a laboratory service to hospital, community laboratories and research units. Our primary role is the analysis of specimens to aid in the diagnosis of clinical disease.
Those with the following attributes would find a career in Medical Laboratory Science very rewarding:
- Have a strong academic background, especially in science
- A desire to work as a health professional to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of patients
- Have an ability to critically think, be resourceful, communicate and interact as a team member with a diverse range of health professionals
- Possess strong organisational skills and have the ability to pay attention to detail
- Are able to approach new challenges and cope with constant changes in technology and the work environment.
If you are interested in a career in Medical Laboratory Science, or would like to find out more about LabPLUS, please contact:
Laboratory Career Videos
Video 1 - Student Visit(external link)
Video 2 - Case Study(external link)
Video 3 - Emerging Technologies(external link)